Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Return to Innocence

By the tree-lined shade, where our cabin, moss-covered, lay---
Where clear streamlets glistening caress the moonlight serene,
There my Spirit floats on sweet-laced poplars and Evergreen,
Careless, like the evening breeze rolling across the everglade.

And I shall find rest there, for worn souls ever rarely find one.
Whispering at a passing star's hymntunes of days long gone,
Beneath feathersoft clouds, where Youth runs young and free,
I shall spend my days--- reminiscing dewdrops and sand pearls.

At daybreak, in purple flight and orange peel colors it comes,
When fireflies aglow go dim, and the night finally laid asleep,
To the beckoning horizon returns my soul, calm shall it keep.
But forever I shall wonder, why we left this place.

2 comments:

moonchild said...

i love this poem...



is it okay if i link you?

have a nice day

:)

Sherlock said...

No prob.

Thanks for appreciating my work. You must have found true love =)